These aren’t your boring black and white pictures from history class. These are amazing moments from the past that’ll make you go Woaaaah Dude! 😉
1. Muhammad Ali basking in glory with his winnings, (1964).
2. The original way to ‘text’ in a class, (1944)
3. This is how teenagers dated in the 1950s.
4. Early Video Gamers playing at home on a Magnavox Odyssey, (circa 1972)
5. The first ever ‘space selfie’ taken by Buzz Aldrin on the Gemini 12 spacecraft, (November 12th, 1966)
6. W.H. Murphy and his associate demonstrating their Bulletproof Vest, (1923)
7. Women engage in a boxing match on a roof, (1938)
8. David Bowie looking dapper AF! at the Aladdin Sane Tour, (1973)
9. The house that Donald Trump couldn’t buy, (circa 1991)
10. A stunning multiple exposure picture of Tesla with his Magnifying Transmitter.
11. The world’s first ever known wheelie to be successfully attempted, (c. 1936)
12. A real ‘Cowboy’ photographed in Sturgis, Dakota Territory, (c. 1888)
13. The man who invented the ‘Sideburns’: Civil War General Amrbose Burnside, whose unusual facial hair led to the coining of the term ‘sideburns’.
14. Breaking The Odds: A police officer issuing a ticket to a woman for wearing a bikini on a beach at Rimini, Italy, (1957)
15. Ku Klux Klan members on a Ferris wheel: The only time they are fun to look at!, (1925)
16. Maud Stevens Wagner – the first known female tattoo artist in the United States, (1907)
17. Punt guns, used for duck hunting a century back. A single shot could kill up to 50 waterfowl resting on the surface of a pond or lake!, (ca 1900)
18. Audrey Hepburn ‘breaking beautiful’ on her visit to Congo, 1958.
19. A little girl holds a penguin’s flipper as they walk together around the London Zoo, (1937)
20. The exact moment 5 year old Harold Whittles hears for the very first time after doctors place an aid in his left ear, (circa 1979)
21. Sesame Street Rehearsals, (1980’s)
22. The Obama’s on their wedding day, (1992)
23. Max Factor using his beauty micrometer device on actress Dorothy Wilson.
24. Job hunting during the Great Depression of 1930.
25. Inflating cow skins to use as boats in the Indian Himalayas, (1903)
26. O.J. Simpson running from police on June 17, 1994.
27. Saundra Brown, the first black woman on the Oakland police force, gets instructions on how to shoot a shotgun, 1970.
28. A young Osama Bin Laden with his family in Sweden during the 1970s. Bin Laden is second from the right in a green shirt and blue pants.
29. A Samurai, (1881)
30. Daredevil, (1917)
31. Muhammad Ali in training, Miami, Florida, (1966)
32. An undercover police officer apprehends a mugger on the New York City Subway, (1980)
33. Mata Hari (1910), a Dutch exotic dancer who was executed by a firing squad in France on conviction of espionage for Germany.
34. Marlon Brando getting ready for his shot during the filming of The Godfather, (1972)
35. Salvador Dali at a book signing, taken with a fisheye lens, (1963)
36. Setting up the models on the sets of the first ‘Godzilla’ movie, (1954)
37. The Beatles reading their fan mail, (1964)
38. Only remaining image from the Original ending of Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining, (1981)
39. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates discussing the future of computing, (1991)
40. NASA scientists pose with their board of calculations, (1961)
41. The entire British Concorde fleet in one picture at London’s Heathrow Airport, (1986)
42. Aircraft detection before the invention of the Radar, (c. 1917)
43. Taking Airline Reservations before computers were invented.
44. An early train, Tokyo, (1964)
45. A little girl stands bewildered by the signpost at Bodö Airport, Norway, (1968)
46. “This CD-ROM can hold more information than all the paper that’s here below me”- Bill Gates, (1994)
47. The Microsoft staff, (1978)
48. The French carry out a nuclear test in French Polynesia, (1970)
49. All of Mahatma Gandhi’s worldly possessions, (ca 1948)
Images Source: Reddit/HistoryPorn