A human face speaks a thousand words, a million emotions and it is the door to his heart. These faces are just perfect epitomes of inspiration and awe, that will truly bring out all the different wonderful aspects of human emotion…just the way it is.
1. TRUST: A curious Afghan girl befriends an American soldier.
2. AFFECTION: There is nothing like a mother’s love in this world…so pure and divine.
3. DEVOTION: A 12 year old Brazilian boy plays the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
4. DETERMINATION: A brave athelete wins the race after she took a terrible fall that made her fall flat on her face… where there’s a will there’s always a way.
5. PAIN: A North Korean man waves his hand as a South Korean relative weeps on his departure. 436 South Koreans were allowed to spend three days in North Korea to meet their 97 North Korean relatives, whom they had been separated from since the 1950-53 war.
6. ASPIRATION: Classical ballet students of the first post-genocide ballet school in Rwanda smile for the camera.
7. ENDURANCE: A burns survivor.
8. FRIENDSHIP: Best Friends Forever.
9. SYMPATHY: A missionary holds a Ugandan boy’s hand: a sad reminder about the disparity in this world.
10. HUMANITY: A Doctors Without Borders health worker holds a child suspected of having Ebola in the MSF treatment center in Paynesville, Liberia.
11. BOLDNESS: Afghan skateboarding girls.
12. WILL POWER: Girl that survived 11 days in Siberian Forest.
13. ZEAL: A Mursi tribe woman discovers vogue magazine.
14. BEAUTY: Her beauty is enlightened under the gentle golden flickers of her candles.
15. ENTHUSIASM: A boy enjoys a ride underwater with his friend.
16. INNOCENCE: A child of the Erbore tribe, Ethiopia in all his charm and innocence.
17. CULTURE: A woman of the Rabari tribe in India.
18. DEMURENESS: An Indian Bride.
19. CONFIDENCE: Puppy love.
20. BRAVERY: Sgts. Gamarra & Duralde share their pain from injuries suffered from an IED blast.
21. RESPECT: A boy salutes a fallen soldier on Memorial day, 2014.
22. HOPE: A young cancer patient draws her wish on a mirror.
23. KINDNESS: Marine Sergeant, Frank Praytor, feeds a 2 week-old kitten after her mother was killed.
24. EMPATHY: A homeless girl breaks down as a man gives her his shoes.
25. COMMITMENT: Moses Massaquoi, a hygenist at the biggest Ebola Treatment Center in Monrovia. He can spend up to two hours in full PPE, while most people can only do 30-40 minutes at a time. This is him after a very long shift.
26. FREEDOM: A young girl from the Kara tribe in the Omo Valley of Southern Ethiopia. She is a survivor of ritualized infanticide (Mingi) practiced by the tribe.
27. LOVE: Love knows no age and no boundaries…it is forever eternal.
28. PASSION: Tango dancers in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
29. COMPATIBILITY: A newly married couple.
30. TRADITION: A ‘Viking’ woman enjoys the local red wine down to the last drop during the annual Viking festival of Catoira, Spain.
31. TRIUMPH: Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage.
32. REBELLION: A protester in Tiananmen Square, China, (1989)
33. JOY: A boy runs down the street happily with his lunch.
34. BENEVOLENCE: A monk shares his food with a tiger.
35. COMPASSION: A girl tucks her cat up in a warm embrace.
36. SPIRITUALITY: Whirling dervishes perform at the Galata Mevlevihane in Istanbul.
37. ATTACHMENT: I’ll miss you dad.
38. HAPPINESS: A joyful baby.
39. ELEGANCE: A charming woman in blue.
40. CHARM: An Italian Shepherd.
41. HERITAGE: A Nihang Sikh.
42. GALLANTRY: WWII Soldier, member of the US Navy underwater demolition team.
43. VALOR: A man courageously fends off a hyena.
44. COURAGE: Yezidi girl carries an assault rifle to protect her family against ISIS.