A picture is worth a thousand words, but not all pictures are created equal. Some make you laugh, some make you cry, and then there are those that hit you right in the feels. These are powerful images that will melt your heart and sweep you off your feet.
1. College girl being catcalled during a photoshoot. This is the exact moment she heard it.
2. The exact moment when pain transforms into love.
3. Dance like nobody’s watching…
4. A woman of the Mursi tribe of the Ethiopian Omo Valley thumbs through an issue of Vogue Paris.
5. A dog named named “Leao” sits at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero.
6. Public bus passengers try to rescue a woman who tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist with a fruit knife.
7. A 94 year old widow receives the remains of her fallen husband, six decades after his death.
8. Portrait of a girl seeing a field of cows grazing for the first time.
9. Young boy sheds tears of joy after being assigned to his foster parents.
10. A badass Ethopian Old Warrior.
11. Skater girls breaking stereotypes in Tehran.
12. A Kurdish fighter walks with his child in the streets of Kobani, Syria after they recaptured it from ISIS militants.
13. A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
14. She sleeps peacefully in the warmth of Mother Nature, Mongolia.
15. A Kurdish couple during the 2016 Newroz Celebrations.
16. Holi, India
17. Indian model and acid-attack survivor, Reshma Qureshi, has her makeup done before walking to present Indian designer Archana Kochhars Spring Summer 2017 Collection during New York Fashion Week.
18. The School Room
19. Mohammad Anis, 70, smokes his pipe and listens to music in his destroyed bedroom in Aleppo, Syria.
20. Syrian refugee father breaks down as he is incapable of providing food to his son as the son comforts him.
21. Homeless men wait to receive free food distributed outside a mosque ahead of Eid al-Fitr in New Delhi, India.
22. Two brothers…two different ways of life.
23. A ‘Mongrel Mob’ Biker Gang member, New Zealand.
24. Jewish prisoners at the moment of their liberation from an internment camp “death train” near the Elbe, 1945.
25. The 19th century graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband deny this Dutch cemetery the power of separating them.
26. A Palestinian girl with a Kalashnikov rifle, fights for her land, Gaza City.
27. Tribal kids experiencing an iPad for the first time.
28. An old Russian couple from Khalilov village, have been happily married for 65 years.
29. A woman’s last moments with her best friend.